Thursday, August 2, 2012

Talk Talk - "It's My Life"

It's My Life - It's My Life

(Debuted March 24, 1984, Peaked #31, 14 Weeks on the Chart)

Last year, I featured Talk Talk's first U.S. hit on this blog. Their second would be their biggest on these shores, as well as their only Top 40 single. Before recording the album It's My Life, producer Tim Friese-Greene joined as an unofficial "fourth" member and helped write several songs with the band's leader Mark Hollis. One of those songs was "It's My Life," which leaned toward the New Wave/New Romantic style the band used for its first album.

After this LP, the band would go in its own direction musically, a move that gained it a lot of fans among other musicians but killed its future potential for more hits. They broke up in 1992 but are listed as influences by an awful lot of artists. "It's My Life" would appear again in 2003 when No Doubt took their own rendition of the tune into the Top 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment