Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tiffany - "All This Time"

All This Time - Hold an Old Friend's Hand

(Debuted November 5, 1988, Peaked #6, 20 Weeks on the Chart)

Confession time.

Yes, I liked Tiffany back in the 1980s. I've already mentioned the fact that I have a weakness for redheads here, and Tiffany was just a year older than I was. Mix into that caustic solution the fact that I was an adolescent when she began having hits and the resulting Puppy Love can cloud somebody's judgement. That said, enough time has passed to allow me to do my thinking with the right head when it comes to music...and "All This Time" has actually grown on me as the years have passed.

Ironically, as the "shine" faded from Tiffany's star and changing musical tastes cast her aside like so many pop confections, she was beginning to show a more versatile style. Personally, I find "All This Time" to be a lot more memorable than the two songs she took to #1, and can even look beyond the generic studio backing music that fills in around her voice.   



No comments:

Post a Comment