Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Real Life - "Catch Me I'm Falling"



(Debuted March 24, 1984, Peaked #40, 11 Weeks on the Chart)

After the moderate success of "Send Me an Angel," which reached #26, Real Life released its followup, reaching into the Top 40 once again. That would be the last time American audiences would hear the Australian group until they put out a new version of their first hit five years later.

It's a shame that Real Life has been considered a One-Hit wonder because of two different versions of its biggest hit. "Catch Me I'm Falling" was not only a minor Top 40 hit, it was also just as good. The band probably deserved to get a better break than it did.

The YouTube video below seems to have been taken from a college (or public access) show, but features the same promotional video played on other outlets. The opening features several people with glow-in-the-dark paint as a vocorder plays the opening lines. I distinctly remembering that opening from when I was a child. I saw it only once at the time, but never forgot the chorus of the song until I picked up the group's Send Me An Angel '89 cassette several years later.



No comments:

Post a Comment