Monday, April 25, 2011

Tommy Conwell & the Young Rumblers -- "I'm Not Your Man"

I'm Not Your Man (Single Version) - Rumble

(Debuted September 24, 1988, Peaked #74, 10 Weeks on the Chart)

This song was one I heard several times as a kid and really should have paid more attention to. While I was going through girl trouble as a teenager, this song could have helped me develop a better attitude. The message was: you're not going to change me, and I'm too wild to settle down with you...I'm just not ready to commit. While I was going through relationships where we just weren't compatible (though thoroughly enjoyable in their own way), such an attitude may have helped me get over when the inevitable crash came.

Tommy Conwell was a guitarist from Philadelphia who was influenced by blues as well as rock. After a successful run in his region beginning in 1986, "I'm Not Your Man" was his first nationwide single and his first pop hit. It never managed to make the Top 40, but was played heavily enough on rock stations to hit #1 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.




No comments:

Post a Comment