Friday, September 16, 2011

So - "Are You Sure"

Are You Sure - Lost & Found: Imagination, Vol. 1

(Debuted February 20, 1988, Peaked #41, 11 Weeks on the Chart)

I was living in Tennessee for a short time in 1988. I specifically remember that one of the DJs at a local radio station there was a big fan of "Are You Sure." He talked it up a few times and mentioned how much he liked it. The effort fell short, as "Are You Sure" barely missed the Top 40. Soon afterward, I moved back to upstate New York...where nobody I knew had ever heard the song.

Before you wonder if any member of the band was a relative of that DJ, I don't think so, So was an English duo (Marcus Bell and Mark Long). "Are You Sure" would be their only pop hit in the U.S. In the U.K., the song fared even worse, peaking at #62.

Today, when I hear the song I remember that a local DJ in Tennessee liked the song enough to plug it. I don't even remember the jock's name.



No comments:

Post a Comment